Role : Jobs Opportunities : LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, Cameroon Country Programme Office (CCPO)
Location : 2. Yaoundé
Company URL : http://wwf.panda.org
We are looking for a LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER who will ensure Cameroon Country Programme Office (CCPO) contributes to the Wildlife Crime Area of Collective Action and Innovation of the Wildlife Practice strategy, through the implementation of the national anti-poaching and law enforcement strategy, especially in the execution of specific anti-poaching and enforcement support activities in priority landscapes.
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon.
• In collaboration with Program managers and other key partners, ensure the implementation of the WWF CCPO law enforcement support strategy and action plan;
• Under the supervision of the Senior Field Programmes Coordinator and the strategic guidance of the Head of Policy Central Africa Wildlife Crime Programme, act as the CCPO person in charge of the implementation and monitoring of specific enforcement support activities in priority landscapes, aimed at improving effectiveness of CCPO support in the fight against poaching and illegal wildlife trade;
• Support the establishment and ensures the smooth management of field-based intelligence networks according to WWF Network guidelines, including collection, exploitation and transmission of actionable intelligence;
• Provide support to operational teams in the planning and execution of enforcement activities (targeted arrest operations, drafting and forwarding to court of complaint reports, judiciary follow up of court cases etc.) in the field including managing technical and financial aspects related to the implementation of these activities;
• Monitor and assess the performance of key partners in the field (enforcement agents, lawyers, bailiffs) and provide assistance where necessary;
• Alert CCPO senior management team and key partners on emerging issues observed in the field related to poaching, illegal wildlife trade, judiciary system, corruption, security etc.
• Support the implementation of WWF Social Policies in the fight against poaching and illegal wildlife trade;
• Collect relevant law enforcement data in various field sites and assisting in updating the national central law enforcement database;
• Ensure collaboration with other conservation partners involved in anti-poaching and law enforcement support including Interpol, IUCN, TRAFFIC, EAGLE Network, WCS, AWF, ZSL, GIZ etc.
What you need:
• Minimum MSc Level ;
• At least, 3 years of experience working in the field of law enforcement (anti-corruption, anti-poaching, wildlife law or/and protected area management).
Required Skills and Competencies
• Experience in field landscapes (especially in the East region of Cameroon) will be an asset;
• Experience in project implementation;
• Good budgeting and financial management skills;
• Proven capacity building skills, lesson planning and training of trainers;
• Ability to manage enforcement databases;
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal (English and French) as appropriate for the needs of the audience;
• A team player but also very capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Thorough understanding of both legal and intelligence management systems especially concerning sensitive intelligence
• Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed resume should be sent electronically to
Deadline for applications: 16th January 2019.
The subject should read “LEO”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!
Cette offre d’emploi est apparue en premier sur https://cameroun.minajobs.net/emplois-stage-recrutement/12877/jobs-opportunities-law-enforcement-officer-cameroon-country-programme-office-ccpo-at-wwf-the-world-wide-fund-for-nature-cameroon/