Royal snub: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry rejected Queen's incredible Commonwealth offer

0 5

The Queen wanted her grandson Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle to take over the Commonwealth from her, according to royal biographer Hugo Vickers. He told Sky News that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex rejected Her Majesty’s offer as they stepped away from their royal duties. The royal expert made the remarks as he commented on the recent serialisation of an upcoming biography focused Meghan and Harry’s time in the Royal Family and their controversial departure.

{%=o.title%}

{%=o.title%}

Mr Vickers told Sky News: « The Queen really handed the whole of the Commonwealth to Harry and Meghan and they could could have both jointly have made the most fantastic contribution.

« They had already started doing so and so I think it’s a great loss actually. »

He said that the role of the royal family is primarily to « support the Queen » and « those that support her and help her are the most successful ».

The royal biographer noted that « when they are not needed by the Queen, they are given endeavours they can do on their own – like the Commonwealth ».

JUST IN: How the Queen took control over Meghan Markle with just one sentence

queen

The Queen wanted her grandson Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markel to take over the Commonwealth (Image: GETTY)

VICKERS

Vickers went on to note « what a pity » it was that Prince Harry was not in the UK during the pandemic to help out his family (Image: SKY NEWS)

The couple recently sparked controversy after the pair discussed the legacy of the Commonwealth in the context of racism and racial injustice.

Mr Vickers went on to note « what a pity » it was that Prince Harry was not in the UK during the pandemic to help out his family and the country.

He told Sky News: « The other members of the Royal Family have buckled down during COVID and they’ve done a pretty good job in inspiring the nation and talking to people and helping in various different ways.

« What a pity Prince Harry couldn’t have been here helping out instead of which we are continually told he’s secreted in a $50 million mansion in Los Angeles while everybody else is sort of buckled down. »

royals

The Duke and Duchess are now based in Los Angeles, California (Image: SKY NEWS)

The Duke and Duchess are now based in Los Angeles, California, after announcing they would step down from their royal careers earlier this year.

Meghan and Harry announced in January that they wanted to pursue a more independent path away from the Royal Family.

The new biography, Finding Freedom, written by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, sheds fresh light on allegations of a downturn in relations between members of the Royal Family.

DON’T MISS:

Russia threat: Putin’s mysterious space weapon is ‘very dangerous’ [VIDEO]
Queen heartbreak: Monarch ‘extremely disappointed’ by Harry and Meghan [VIDEO]
Queen, Charles, William and Kate told to wear face masks while on duty [POLL]

Vickers

Vickers told Sky News that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex rejected Her Majesty’s offer (Image: SKY NEWS)

Released extracts of the book reveal that the Sussexes were « unable to secure time with the Queen » despite repeated follow-ups with Buckingham Palace.

In response, Harry and Meghan nearly broke royal protocol by planning to spring surprise visit on the Queen.

However, Mr Vickers said he « does not think the royal household will be very surprised » by the book.

But, he added that the publicity around the book is not « going to help » the Duke and Duchess of Sussex secure the privacy they have sought.

Cet article est apparu en premier (en Anglais) sur SUNDAY EXPRESS

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse email ne sera pas publiée.